How much does it cost?
Becoming a Friend costs just £10 a year. However, you can choose to donate any amount above £10.
If you are an individual, you can increase your donation by 25% at no extra cost to you by allowing us to reclaim the tax on your sponsorship. Simply fill in this Gift Aid form and send it to us when you sign up. We'll do the rest!
How is my money used?
Your money will go to our core programmes that work across Ethiopia, Ghana, Malawi, Rwanda and Uganda. We are proud to say that 97p of every £1 donated to Link is spent directly on our programmes in Africa.
With your support Link can:
- Train teachers so that children learn more in the classroom.
- Train and support headteachers to be better managers, make best use of their resources and plan effectively.
- Support schools and communities to keep girls and marginalised children in school.
- Provide local language books so children can experience the joy of reading.
- Help communities to understand how their school should be performing, and support them to work to make the school better.
- Provide district education authorities with the tools, training and support to assess the performance of each school and to guide their long term plans for improvement.
- Support districts to work directly with schools to tackle health challenges such as sanitation, nutrition and HIV and AIDS.
- Influence national policy by sharing experience and good practice at the district level with the national government and other African countries.
Your support will enable us to assess how well schools are doing in every area from curriculum and teaching, to planning and management, and beyond. We do this in partnership with schools. Their communities and government using our innovative School Performance Review cycle. Through discussion of each school’s strengths and weaknesses we help the school to develop their own plan to make the school a better place to learn. We then work with the teachers, parents, community and the district education authorities, to help the school see that plan through. This approach means that the work is owned by the school and community themselves, making sure that the changes that we help bring about are sustainable and long-lasting.
This is long term work - which is why your regular support as a Friend is so valuable.
What do I receive as a Friend?
We will keep you informed of our work through regular newsletters, as well as sending you exclusive invitations to events.
As our Friend you can make a commitment to improve the lives of thousands of people living in some of the most deprived areas of the world.